- Trump to Gold Star Families: 'God Is With You and Your Loved Ones Are With Him'
President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence are honoring America's fallen soldiers on this Memorial Day, paying their respects in several meaningful ways.
- Israeli Minister: Netanyahu No Longer Backs Two-State Solution
Israeli Regional Cooperation Minister Tzachi Hanegbi told Army Radio that neither he nor Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu see the two-state solution as viable.
- 7 Bible Verses and a Prayer on this Memorial Day Weekend
On Memorial Day, we honor the heroes of the Armed Forces who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Here are Bible verses and a prayer to help you focus this weekend.
- 'We Are Christians': Copts Would Not Deny Jesus as ISIS Committed Genocide
A clearer picture is emerging of the anti-Christian genocide unfolding in Egypt after 29 Christians were massacred near Cairo for their faith.
- President Trump Uses Ramadan Statement to Blast 'Barbaric' Terrorism
Millions of followers of Islam began celebrating Ramadan around the world Friday, and President Trump did not mince words in also addressing the problem of Islamic terrorism.
- N. Korea Fires 9th Missile Provoking U.S. to Ready 3 Aircraft Carriers
The communist regime of North Korea has test-fired its 9th missile this year.
- Prayers for the President: Intercessors Hit DC, Asking God to 'Trump' Trump
A group of strangers from around the nation are gathering in Washington DC for one reason, to offer prayers for the president.
- Texas Takes a Step to Keep Sharia Law Out of American Courts
And they're not alone.
- Trump's Promises to Israel Foretold in the Bible?
It's not a little ironic that the man who campaigned on a pro-Israel platform may turn out to be God's chosen vessel to bring the Jewish state to the point that He steps in to defend her.
- Student Banned from Giving Faith-Filled Graduation Speech Still Found a Way
One brave boy refused to keep quiet about his faith.
- Michael Buble's Son Completely Healed of Cancer
Buble's wife says the healing is a "miracle."
- No, Trump Didn't Cause ObamaCare to Fail
Obamacare is a failure but think twice before blaming the new administration.
- Healing Manchester's Pain: How Billy Graham's Ministry is Making a Difference
As British police race to prevent additional terrorist attacks, one ministry is working to heal the broken hearts.
- Trump to Troops: 'You're the Metal Spine...of American Strength'
President Trump wrapped up a whirlwind foreign trip with G7 meetings and a speech to US servicemen and women over Memorial Day Weekend.
- IN MEMORY: 'Old Guard' Places 280,000+ Flags at Arlington Cemetery
This weekend millions of Americans pause on Memorial Day to honor the nation's heroes and reflect on the sacrifices of its fallen soldiers. In that vein, soldiers from the 3rd Infantry Regiment placed flags this week at more than 280,000 graves of fallen service members.
- Kushner Taking the Heat over Russia Discussions
Kushner is facing the media and critics over his phone calls with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak, and is a part of the current FBI investigation regarding Russia's involvement with the campaign, however Kushner has already said he will talk to the FBI and Congress about his contacts and role in the Trump campaign.
- U.K. Muslim Speaks Out: Sick of Those Who Say Terrorism Has Nothing to do with Islam
What does one Muslim think of the recent terror attack?
- How a Manchester Church Showed Love Right After the Terror Attack
On a night of crisis and chaos, one church decided to open its door to serve. Now they're impacting their city for Christ.
- THANK YOU: Student Accepted by Harvard Despite All Odds Against Him Credits Mom
This is a true story of selfless love.
- Football Player Who Had Lunch With Autistic Boy Signs with New York Giants
One athlete's gesture of kindness made all the difference for a little boy... and ultimately his kindness was rewarded.
- LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR: One Woman in Need Surprised by her Co-workers Sacrifice
Tia Benbow will be able to keep her job.
The Assemblies of God grew out of the Pentecostal revival, which began in the early 1900s in places such as Topeka, Kansas, and the Azusa Street Mission in Los Angeles. During times of prayer and Bible study, believers received spiritual experiences like those described in the book of Acts. Accompanied by “speaking in tongues,” their religious experiences were associated with the coming of the Holy Spirit on the Jewish feast of Pentecost (Acts 2), and participants in the movement were dubbed “Pentecostals.” The Pentecostal movement has grown from a handful of Bible school students in Topeka, Kansas, to an estimated 600 million in the world today.
Many participants who were baptized in the Holy Spirit during revivals and camp meetings in the early 1900s were not welcomed back to their former churches. These believers started many small churches throughout the country and communicated through publications that reported on the revivals. In 1913, a Pentecostal publication, the Word and Witness, called for the independent churches to band together for the purpose of fellowship and doctrinal unity. Other concerns for facilitating missionaries, chartering churches and forming a Bible training school were also on the agenda.
Some 300 Pentecostals met at an opera house in Hot Springs, Arkansas, in 1914, and agreed to form a new fellowship of loosely knit independent churches. These churches were left with the needed autonomy to develop and govern their own local ministries, yet they were united in their message and efforts to reach the world for Christ. So began the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
Assemblies of God churches form a cooperative fellowship. As a result, the organization operates from the grass roots, allowing the local church to choose and develop ministries and facilities best suited for its local needs.